Friday, October 5, 2007

i need starbucks 101

Today I was in Starbucks getting myself a mint tea and heard yet another order I could not decipher.

Iced quad non-fat venti caramel macchiato with whip

I have no idea what that is. I might know if the word 'quad' wasn't stuck in there. The quad is throwing me off.

I think I could entertain myself for several hours just by listening to the things people order. I have no idea how people come up with the drink orders they come up with. I wonder if the baristas have a contest to see who got the craziest request of the day.

Another one of my favs:

109 degree non-fat, no foam venti latte

109 degrees??? Really?

I could be a barista for precisely one customer and then I would get fed up.

SunnyShine

_____________

RainyBow note: I have a friend who insists on ordering like a normal person every time she goes to Starbucks. So she'll walk in an ask for a medium-sized dark coffee. It's amusing to note that the baristas are not thrown off by a request like the one you posted above, but they are perplexed when they get her order.

3 comments:

The CDM said...

The quad is the number of shots of esspresso, typically.

complain away said...

Huh. Good to know. I'm not a coffee drinker so these things are foreign to me. Who needs 4 shots of espresso anyway?

Unknown said...

I do if I'm tired enough. I hate coffee, so it's dr pepper and mountain dew for me.