Wednesday, October 3, 2007

how much does a helicopter and helipad combo cost?

A new NHL season is beginning and there's hockey fever in the air. For me, there's only hockey hatred.

You see, I live in the downtown core, and my route home from work passes by our hockey arena. The traffic going into the city on game nights is insanity. It's not just people who are going to the game, it's also people who are going to a bar close by. Yes, apparently if you're going to a bar to watch the game, you have to be at one that's in the vicinity of the arena. Maybe the excitement is inversely proportionate with the distance to the actual ice. You know, like e is to the power of x when d is.... and so on.

While I have to admit that I don't understand the thrill of the game, it's kind of cool to me that so many people find joy in a bunch of guys on skates pushing a small, heavy object around on a small patch of ice. I just wish they could find a way to do it without causing my commute to grind to a complete standstill. Or that someone would purchase me a helicopter and helipad.

RainyBow

_______________________________

SunnyShine note: I hate hockey. I hate traffic. Imagine how I feel about hockey-related traffic.

2 comments:

The CDM said...

Don't hate on hockey, hate on the city planners. Nashville has this exact same problem with congestion and not to mention parking being a total joke. The city never thinks ahead because they are focused so highly on the money that they can generate now and damn the consequences. I would take this up with the city and something tells me you wouldn't be alone.

complain away said...

I hear you but road rage sometimes makes it hard to be rational, n'est-ce pas?