Friday, September 14, 2007

so, so sad

I am totally obsessed with PostSecret. It's completely fascinating and the biggest problem with it is that he posts only on Sunday. It's not enough. I feel I will soon order the PostSecret books from Amazon.

A few weeks ago, this was posted:

postsecret photo
It's 2007. Is this the worst thing that could happen? Really? Would you prefer a sociopath or a serial killer? Maybe an offspring who beats his wife would be preferable.

Can we get over the homophobia already?

Does Rainy need to remind you of the boys selling their bodies to survive?

SunnyShine

________________

RainyBow note: Word. I understand that having a gay kid would require a bit of time to shift one's mindset. Most parents have this vision of their kid's future: graduate, get a good job, get married, buy the house with the white picket fence and have 2.5 children. Finding out your kid is gay is probably a bit of a shock for most. But, really, it's not like you're suddenly going to trade your kid in for another, so you need to work through it and get over that.

But then my family is way more screwed up than this. I have cousins who haven't spoken in 20 years because one swears the other owes him $20. Figuring out the seating plan for my sister's wedding was harder than learning differential equations.

Life is so damn short. I hope I never lose perspective and turn into one of these crazy people.

___________________________

SunnyShine note: Well my parents were sorely disappointed by their vision of what I would become too and I'm not gay. The thing parents need to remember is that being gay does not preclude the marriage, white picket fence and 2.5 kids. Life is too short.


2 comments:

The CDM said...

The fact that they used an image of John Wayne for such a statement is pathetic. I like John Wayne and his movies, to think that he would say something like that is horse shit. If that's the case, why don't they put the image of Dick "kick start my heart" Cheney. Nice find, by the way.

complain away said...

I didn't even notice it was John Wayne. Cheney would be perfect. One of those gay/not gay evangelicals would do as well.

SunnyShine