Sunday, September 2, 2007

the penalty of singledom(hood,ness)

I'm trying to find a nice b&b/inn for a long weekend so I can relax and unwind. Every single place I look at has several packages for two but I can never find a package for one. Some of them grudgingly accept single occupancy but charge a single 'supplement' which is really a tax as far as I'm concerned.

The place I used to go to now has rates of $1000 for two or $895 for one. They increased their single rates in the last year by over 75%. How is that fair really? Does everything I do have to be more expensive because I am single with no kids? Don't get me started on the fact that I have to pay school tax for the kids I'll never have.

SunnyShine

_____________


RainyBow note: Ah, so much to complain about here. My fave is when people at work expect me to finish their crap because they have to rush out to pick up their kid(s). That's right, because I haven't spawned I have absolutely nothing to do after 5pm.


______________

SunnyShine note: Also good is the 100 extra days off they get when the offspring get sick. I am sick of your child, doesn't that mean I deserve a day off? My sister thinks that mothers should get more vacation days than people with no children. Unbelievable.





No comments: