Wednesday, August 22, 2007

7pm panic

Lately I have been trying to eat healthier and to exercise more. I had a trainer come in last weekend to give me a routine I can do at home. Between the dogs and work and my commute, I don't have a lot of extra time in my day to go to the gym. To be honest, even if I did have extra time in my day, I wouldn't go. blech.

So trainer guy comes over and gives me a routine (if I must) and we talk about food (ditto) and then he drops the bomb. 'You can't eat after 7pm'. What???? Never? Never.

To grasp how difficult this request is, here is a little view of my day. I wake up between 5:30 and 6 every day - including weekends. I'm an early bird, what can I say. After I get up, I feed the dogs and then take them out for about 40 minutes. Then I shower and get ready for work. Commute is approx 40-60 minutes depending on the day. Work. Leave work any time between 5:30 and 6 which (I'm sure you can do the math here) puts me home at the very earliest at 6:30 pm. So, in 30 minutes, I am supposed to be able to:

  1. feed the dogs
  2. walk the dogs
  3. cook
  4. eat
I am not superwoman. This is impossible. Monday night I ate at 7:15 and only because a friend of mine came over and cooked while I was out with the dogs. Tuesday, it was 7:45. Today I managed 6:30 only because I came home early. So, to add to all of the stress I already have at work, I now have to add eating before 7 to the list. And, before you tell me to prepare my meals ahead and use the microwave, the crazy nutritionist (a whole other story) I see as well, has convinced me I will die a slow and painful death from the radiation. I can't win.

SunnyShine

__________________________

RainyBow note: Two words, SunnyShine: raw foodism. Raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and whole grains. All the time. Bet you could make 7pm, and no microwave. As for the satisfying meal part, well....


_________________________

SunnyShine note: Raw food???!!! Have you lost your mind? Can you imagine how irate I would be if I ate raw food all the time. I am not a squirrel. I cannot exist on seeds and nuts in the summer, much less the winter. I am grumpy enough as it is. Hell, it dipped a few degrees this week and I was already craving pasta and other carbolicious food. hmmph.


_________________________


RainyBow note: And bad news for both of us on the exercise front from The New York Times. For you, because scientists claim exercise makes your brain faster and stronger (and if it's a choice between the gym and a weak brain...). And for me, because apparently rats that have access to a running wheel and live alone don't do as well as those with access to a running wheel who live in group housing. Here's the terrifying line from the Times... "So go ahead and join that singles running club you've been avoiding." Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.


No comments: