Thursday, November 15, 2007

i'm learning that dan quayle was right

"What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is."

I have officially lost my mind. That's it. Kaput. Sayonara.

Generally, I think Sunny's a big liar. This is not for any particular reason. Sometimes she's talking and I assume everything she says is complete kaka. One day she called to tell me she was on her way to work with a yummy croissant for me. I thought it was yet another one of her yarns, so I went and bought myself breakfast. And then she turned up with a croissant, so I ate that too. This has happened a lot.

But my losing my mind goes beyond just my skepticism and mistrust of croissant deliveries.

Last week, Sunny told me she had to work out what to do with the dogs this week on Thursday night, since she was travelling for work on Thursday and Friday. This week, the following conversations ensued:

Monday night: conversation
Me: Traffic is so bad right now and it's going to get worse because of all the stuff going on here at the end of the week.
Sunny: I'm going to be out-of-town Thursday and Friday.

Tuesday: invitation from me to Sunny
Me: I think you should come to this meeting with me on Thursday afternoon.
Sunny: I'm going to be out of town for work.

Wednesday: IM conversation
Me: Hey, do you want to go to this event with me on Thursday night?
Sunny: Can't, I'm going to be travelling for work.

Today (Thursday): call from Sunny's cell phone.
Me: Oh, are you on your way to the other office today?
Sunny: I'm on my way to the airport because I'm @%@#$@#%^ travelling for work, you moron. [Note: she actually was much more patient than I'm giving her credit for here.]

I did some research this morning (as I mentioned, I'm bored at work) on what nutritionists recommend to increase memory power. The thing is that my diet is actually already high in all of the things they recommend, vitamins B and C, beta carotene and omega-3. I'm screwed.

I might as well go try to be Dan Quayle's buddy now.

RainyBow

_______________________

SunnyShine note: Too bad you didn't see the look on my face when we were on the phone.


No comments: