Monday, February 18, 2008

happy family day

Today is a brand-spanking new holiday in our region. It was announced a few months ago with much fanfare and excitement; who wouldn't want a day off in the middle of winter. hmmph. Well, turns out that the new holiday is not so popular. It seems that about 40% of people do not get the day off after all. There is some BS about the fact that companies who are federally regulated do not have to offer a provincial holiday to their employees. I'm sure you can guess whether I fall into the 40% or 60%. Bitter.

Sunny

ps. Rainy left for vacation tonight, so you're stuck with me for a while. Good luck with that.

2 comments:

Emory Mayne said...

Pfft....

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/offbeat/view.bg?articleid=1074648

E<--- Hums give me that ol'tyme religion, that ol'tyme religion...

complain away said...

It's only two weeks Emory, I'm sure you'll survive.

Sunny

ps. part of that link is missing